This is a variation of the recipe for Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies on the Quaker Oats container.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in oats.
Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.